Knowing the Roulette Rules
One of the easiest games to learn is roulette.
Why Learn the Rules?
However, a couple of article readings do not actually prepare you for the real game. You should be really prepared before you jumped into a real game. If you're new, learning all the rules on roulette will help you avoid mistakes, misunderstandings, embarrassments and losses.
Roulette has always been played in a land-based casino. However, with the inception and popularity of online casinos, roulette has become a common online game offering in almost all online casinos along with poker, blackjack, craps and baccarat.
The Roulette Rules
When playing roulette, it is very important that you observe and comply with the rules and proper game etiquette. This is very important especially if you want to avoid losing your money because of simple mistakes that you would not have not done if you were familiar with the rules of the game. There are rules that you have to follow for both the land-based and online roulette games:
1. Remember to get your chips from your table's croupier. The latter will have to associate you with a particular chip color. And once the croupier has closed the table, no player is allowed to place further bets or wagers.
2. Players are absolutely prohibited to touch the ball or the wheel.
3. In roulette, you only have to determine where you place your bet. If you are playing American roulette, you have 47 places to put your bet and if you are playing European roulette, you only have 46 places. You are allowed, however, to place more than one bet.
4. Roulette has inside and outside bets. Line bets are considered inside bets. If you would place inside bets, your options include placing your bet in just one number. This includes placing bets on 0 and 00.
5. Placing a line bet means that you are placing a bet on a line - your chip falls between two numbers.
6. When you place an outside bet, what you do is place a chip outside a row. When you place Dozens, you actually place your bet on a box which is marked as 1st 12, 2nd 12 or 3rd 12. By placing Columns, you place your bet at the bottom of a column of numbers. Placing a red or black bet means that you place your bet or chip either in a red box or black box. Placing an odd or even bet means that you've placed your chip on an odd or even box.
Bookmark this article: